Get ready to Blow Your Mind at Beervana
Craft beer, or “Beer” as it is known in Wellington, has gone mainstream and there’s no better place to ride the frothy wave than at New Zealand’s most popular beer festival. Beer is no longer a back yard BBQ brew, we now brew from Whangarei to Invercargill, with lemongrass, lychees and brettanomyces and we bring it together in one big beer hug for you right here in Wellington every August.
Beervana is all about discovery and collaboration – interactive themed bars, innovative collaborations, all paired with damn good food. It’s the best way to discover everything that is wonderful about good beer all in one place. Held at Wellington Stadium over two days, Beervana brings together the country’s congregation of craft beer enthusiasts to taste, reflect on and explore the hoppy drop in all its glory.
Friday 11 August
11am – 4pm
Friday 11 August
6pm – 11pm
Saturday 12 August
11am – 4pm
Saturday 12 August
6pm – 11pm
Get your ticket to one session or get yourself a Fan Pass to get access to all four.
In order to get a drink at the festival you will need your official Beervana glass and Beervana festival currency. Regardless of how it is packaged behind the bar, all beer will be served in your glass in a 75ml taster or 250ml serve. Please note: no cash is accepted over the bars or at the food vendors. Festival currency can be bought by cash, credit and debit card at the available counters. There will be ATM machines on site, however, we do recommend you bring cash with you to avoid any queues.
A selection of non alcoholic drinks will be made available at Beervana, including bottled water and coffee. Water Warriors will also be located throughout the venue.
To make your visit to Beervana as pleasant and straight forward as possible, you will find Beervana Volunteers available throughout the venue to answer your questions. If you need help or assistance, please ask any of the Beervana Volunteers who will be wearing clearly marked Beervana t-shirts.
You can be a part of this extraordinary event by being a festival volunteer. In addition to a great time, you’ll receive a Beervana t-shirt, festival currency, entry to another session, and a festival glass. Please refer to the volunteer tab for further detail if you are interested.
First aid, paramedics, toilets, bar leaners and seating are all available.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND ATTENDANCE
Beervana is a licenced liquor event operating under strict regulations. We reserve the right to refuse entry if suitable photo ID cannot be presented on request. If you are asked to verify your age with photo ID you will be given a wristband to wear for the session..
We reserve the right to remove any individuals from Beervana 2016 whose behaviour prevents other visitors from having a good time. Unacceptable behaviour includes, but isn’t limited to, intoxication, fighting and rudeness.
Beer or cider cannot be consumed outside the main front gates.
Festival currency sales stop 15 minutes before the taps are closed. Taps close promptly 1 hour prior to the end of each session (3.00pm and 10.00pm respectively). A ‘Last Orders’ announcement will be made letting you know festival currency sales have finished.
Once you leave the venue you cannot be readmitted. If you choose to leave the venue through the main gates during a session, please understand that you will not be permitted re-entry unless you purchase a new ticket.
Promotional photos and video will be taken at Beervana 2016 and by purchasing a ticket and entering the venue you give permission for your likeness to be used by Beervana. If you do not want your image used by Beervana in any future promotional activity please locate a Beervana volunteer at the event and let them know.
HEALTH AND SAFETY AT THE EVENT
Westpac Stadium is strictly a non-smoking venue. Smokers are required to stand outside the building. Please note that you are not allowed to drink past the turnstiles, outside the Stadium.
During an event Westpac Stadium provides the personnel to manage an emergency evacuation. In the event of an emergency, evacuation instructions will be given by wardens and also over the PA system. Wardens can be identified by their high-visibility vests with the words ‘Team Leader’ on them. Visitors to Beervana must comply with the instructions issued by the Wardens and over the PA system.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR LIQUOR LICENCE
- You will be refused entry if you are intoxicated
- You will be refused entry if you attempt to bring alcohol into the venue
- Alcohol will not be served to anyone who is intoxicated
- Alcohol will not be served to minors
- Maximum of two alcoholic beverages purchased per service
- Bars close at 3pm (afternoon sessions) and 10pm (evening sessions)
- Attendees must finish their alcoholic beverages by 3.30pm (afternoon sessions) and 10.30pm (evening sessions)
- Attendees must vacate the venue by 4pm (afternoon sessions) and 11pm (evening sessions)
- Sample pours (75mls) only available for any alcoholic beverage which is 10% ABV and over
- Standard pours (250mls) only available for any alcoholic beverage less than 10% ABV
- Free water is available via jugs on all bars and via the Water Warriors team
- Low and non-alcoholic beverages are available on all Beervana bars
- Taxis are available from the plaza area outside the entry gates at the end of each session, or ask one of the event staff to call one for you
- A Safe Zone is available for you to rest/lie down at the Wellington Free Ambulance office, located opposite aisle 19
- Anyone requiring assistance in the Safe Zone will not be permitted re-entry into Beervana
- Anyone deemed intoxicated will be asked to leave Beervana at any time during the event
- There is zero tolerance for unruly or aggressive behaviour
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted inside the venue, please use the designated smoking location only
- All conditions of entry will be strictly enforced